Sunday, July 18, 2010

Studio Sketches with Newsprint DSP

Here's my second card with the new Studio Sketches set.  I love that you can color these images in but they also look great left uncolored too.  On this one, I light added some More Mustard ink with a Blender Pen just to give a hint of ripe pears.  By stamping the image  in the new Cajun Craze ink, this pitcher takes on the look of an old sepia tone print.




I used the Texture Wheel in Soft Suede ink to tone down the colors and give a sense of
age and visual texture to every layer, including the Newsprint Designer Paper.  I also sponged the newsprint with More Mustard ink and then wheeled it lightly with the Baroque wheel in Basic Gray to age it a little more.  The black cardstock under the layers help to define and give contrast to the layers also.

The "thank you" sentiment is from the wonderful and versatile All Holidays stamp set of 12 greetings, #114916.

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you've had a good weekend!

Margaret

1 comment:

Rose said...

Very pretty Margaret, I like the red color with the newsprint, I finally broke down and bought this set, haven't had a chance to use it yet. You've inspired me, have fun at convention, wish I were there with you SSUS girls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...