Monday, March 5, 2012

Blushing Bride Birthday Framelit Card

Sorry I haven't posted.  I've been busy taking care of some other pressing matters and now I'm working on taxes with my deadline tomorrow night!  However, I wanted to post this card I designed last week for our Make 'n Take at the INKDemos monthly meeting last Saturday.

 
I really wanted to use a pink and green color scheme because we were having such spring-like weather here.  I checked with our trusty Stampin' Up! Color Coach and selected the Blushing Bride-Pear Pizzazz (and Early Espresso) combination which I love.  Also these two colors, along with the other 2010-2012 In Colors of Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, and Concord Crush (oh no!!!) will be retiring June 1 when the new Stampin' Up! 2012-2013 Catalog comes out June 1!! 

I spaced three sizes of the Label Framlits on the cardstock in order to cut the frame and center label all at the same time with the Big Shot.  The frame was embossed with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder and the Big Shot then sponged with Soft Suede ink using a Stampin' Sponge.  The center label was stamped with the large floral stamp from Fresh Vintage set top and bottom then the "Happy Birthday" from the Everyday Elegance set stamped in the center.  After sponging, I added a "bow" of Pear Pizzaz Seam Binding Ribbon.  A tiny flower punched with BoHo Blossoms Punch and spritzed with the Blushing Bride Smooch Spritz and a pink rhinestone from the Circle Fire Rhinestone assortment attach the bow to the label.

The background is stamped with two Fresh Vintage stamps in Pear and Blushing Bride, then layered onto Early Espresso then the Pear Pizzaz card.  

I love the Framelits!!  They are much economical than dies in that you get six sizes in a packet, thus also saving on storage space!  What a deal!  Add the fact that you have the same shape in different sizes (and coordinating stamps!) only adds to the creative possibilities you can enjoy with them!!  And don't forget the advantage of seeing your placement of the shape on photos when cutting them out for scrapbooking!!

You may order any of these products (or any Stampin' Up product!) online at my secure Stampin' Up! online store HERE and they will be shipped direct to your door so you can begin creating with these soon!!

Thanks for visiting today!  Your visit is very important to me and is the reason I make the effort to do this blog!!  Hope you get to stamp and be creative some today or at least this week!!

Margaret

2 comments:

Rose said...

Very sweet card, love the sponging.

Gwyn Crawford said...

I had so much fun making this card! Very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...