Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Day of Gratitude!

I'm really enjoying this set that we received at the Stampin' Up! Fort Worth Regional!  That big bold medallion is gorgeous!  I was reminded of this technique by my friend, the talented Mary Brown.  In fact, we did this card at our workshop on Tuesday, but I did change it up a little (like we stampers usually do! lol!)!  Thanks, Mary, for the inspiration!
 
 The medallion was embossed with Clear Embossing Powder onto Confetti Cream cardstock.  I've always liked that cardstock for it has small flakes of color in it and has a softer finish.  Once the embossing is done, simply apply the desired colors with Sponge Daubers and ink from your inkpads then wipe the ink off the embossing with a soft tissue.  It's okay if the colors mix on the edges and also if you go outside the lines.  This is a more casual rather than formal look anyway!  The edges were distressed with the tool in the Cutter Kit and the corner torn.
This is a lovely sentiment; it is stamped in Cajun Craze onto Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft) cardstock then punched out with the gorgeous new XL Decorative Label Punch.  I used the Sponge Daubers again lightly on the edges of the label, added two small pearls from the Pearl Basics.

A length of Peach Parfait (In Color) Ribbon was added around the Cajun Craze layer then tied, and a piece of Victorian lace trim was added in for additional charm and texture.  The label was applied over the ribbon with Dimensionals and Snail Adhesive.

Here's a close-up of the beautiful detail in the medallion.  One of the small (like 3/16" big!) brads that looks like a button from the Vintage Trinkets assortment centers the medallion.   
I think this medallion would be beautiful used on Christmas cards too, .. in say,  gold embossing perhaps?!  I think I'll try that soon!


I hope you enjoy!  If you would like to order this set or any other Stampin' Up! products and don't currently have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would be thrilled to help you.  Just contact me by email or place your order directly through my Stampin' Up! website ;  just click on the Shop Now button!  See the Monday, Sept. 20 post for the details on this set.

I appreciate you dropping by!  Wishing you a good day in every way!

Margaret

2 comments:

Susan said...

this is a lovely card, using the medallion stamp; I've been in a stamping block with this stamp

barb said...

very pretty, Margaret!

barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...