Monday, October 15, 2012

Daydream Medallions CCMC222 - Day 6

Good morning!  Today's card is #6 in my series using Daydream Medallions stamp set and Floral Frames Framelits.  This card, however, is using only the Daydream Medallions set; it's a CAS (Clean and Simple) card I made last night for this weeks Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge #222.
 
  Here are the colors for this challenge:

I moved out of my stamping "comfort zone" to do a CAS card, having been inspired by one I saw on Pinterest.  I chose to keep it light and use more Summer Starfruit and use the Gumball Green and Chocolate Chip for accents.
I love how the butterfly looks with this set!  I used a stamp from the Papillon Potpourri set, punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch then accented it with a line of three Pearls.  "Happiness" is stamped in Chocolate Chip.  Chocolate Chip cardstock was punched for the Scallop Trim Border down the right side.

Another strip of the scallop border was placed just inside the card to carry the design throughout.

I hope you've enjoy this card!  Thanks for coming by!  

Have you tried out the Daydream Medallions or Floral Frames Framelits yet?

My best to you,
 Margaret

Daydream Medallions Stamp Set




  

10 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I'd never guess that CAS is out of your comfort zone, because this is one terrific card! I love the two colors of the medallion and the butterfly is a perfect accent! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

I love this clean and simple card. I'm always looking for ideas like this for my card maker's class. Thank you for sharing and for joining us with our color challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary.
Monika

Lisa Martz said...

I agree...great CAS card. I love the two stamps you used...looks just like a wreath. And that pretty butterfly perched on the wreath with its pearl accents is just the right touch. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Elizabeth Price said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Smiles, Elizabeth

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I so like how you used the medallion stamps on white! Thanks for sharing at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Deb said...

Love the clean and simple look of this! The butterfly is the perfect accent! And I love the little bit of scalloped brown peeking out! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

You CAS card is just beautiful! Simple and elegant! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie said...

Stunning...that is the word...stunning! I have yet to use my set and you have a whole series going! Great job, Margaret! Thanks for playing along with the Color Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...what absolutely GORGEOUS simplicity on this! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

Such a pretty card! I didn't think butterflies could be used in the Fall... I was wrong! Fabulous!
Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...