Friday, August 3, 2007

Pastels Challenge - mine

I just arrived back from the fabulous Stampin' Up! Covention in Denver this afternoon!! It was so much fun and very informative plus each demonstrator received THREE NEW GREAT STAMP SETS!! I had the opportunity to meet new and renew acquaintances with many demonstrator friends from all over the USA and Canada too! I'm eager to share what I learned with my friends and customers--there were LOTS of great ideas shared!!


A few weeks ago I posted a card I had received from a Pastels Challenge on an online group. This is the card I made to send to my swap partner, made with Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, White cardstocks and Rose Red Designer Paper. The white layer was stamped in Versamark with the large swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs then various colors of Stampin' Up! Pastel chalks were brushed on with a cotton ball. The Ticket Corner punch was used on the corners of the white to enhance the look.

The Baroque Motifs medallion was stamped on Pretty in Pink cs with Rose Red ink then cut out and layered on with Stamping Dimensionals. One of SU's new ICE Rhinestone Brads in the center of the medallion adds some fun bling! Completing the card is a tie of new 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon; I'm really enjoying having a new width of ribbon in addition to the 1/4" width that I like and have used so much!

We demos did a good bit of swapping card samples at convention, and this set, Baroque Motifs, was the most popular set used on the swaps I received! I do love it! It is fun to stamp with and come out with a beautiful result! If you come to any of my events, you'll have the opportunity to see these swaps! (and probably use this set too!) : )

Have a happy weekend and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...