Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Quick Note

Yesterday I needed a quick note to mail a check to a friend who is making dinner reservations for our group at the Stampin' Up! Convention at the end of this month. Hmm, I couldn't just send it in plain paper could I? I mean, she is a stamper and demo too! : ) I only had a short time to grab cardstock and stamps and put together this little card to enclose before the mail ran.

I had these are strips of Bali Breeze Designer Paper left from other projects. I pieced them together on the card and added a medallion with the M from Lovely Letter Alphabet set (love it!), circle punches and the Scallop circle punch. Done! And much better than plain cardstock. : ) I just love Designer Paper for cards, not only when I am in a hurry but anytime.

Of course I'm not showing you this as a "great work of art" (that it's not!) but as something simple you can do quickly. It is also "green" as it is a good way to make use of those scraps of pretty paper we can't bear to throw away! I left the strips their original width and on a couple of them I had to trim the ends and that was it. What can you do with your scraps? I'm sure you'll come up with some great ideas! Just for fun and inspiration, post a link to your blog or website in the comments section and share some of your "green" or recycle projects with us. Thanks!

Happy Sunday, everyone.
Margaret

1 comment:

Kari said...

Great card! I love using my scraps too! Your card reminds me of the pattern to a log cabin quilt! Very cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...