Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sock Monkey in the House!

Oh that Sock Monkey! He's everywhere! And he's so cute! This lil' fella brings back memories for lots of people. Are you one of them? I never had one myself, but now I think maybe I should have because he's so much fun! lol! Anyway, I used to always see him on Carol Duvall's show so I feel like I know him already! LOL!

Now we can all have our Sock Monkeys! This new stamp set is in the recently-arrived Stampin' Up! Fall/Winter Idea Book and Catalog and is such fun! The first card on the right I received from my friend Jann McCollom as a swap at Convention. Jann used the fabulous Bella Rose Designer Paper with new In Colors of Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette, with just a touch of the Kiwi Kiss and Close to Cocoa. The monkey's suit and the heart are both paper-pieced with the Bella Rose paper; the polka dot paper is also from this set. Isn't he cute?


Now the lil' fella on the left with all the bananas is a clever "head shot" layered on a scallop punch and the Five Petal Flower punch cut into leaves. Jill George used a combination of Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun and white with just a touch of green. I received this swap at Convention also. What a cool variation of the Sock Monkey cards!

I'll have more Sock Monkeys for you another day! Thanks for dropping by!

Happy Stampin'!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...