Friday, May 1, 2009

Blogger Challenge #97 Sketch a la Big Shot!

Friday is the day for the Blogger's Challenge! Today the challenge is a sketch by our group "mom" Lisa. Just look at all those panels! A great opportunity for using a pack of coordinated Designer Series Paper! I chose the Sweet Always DSP probably because the colors just struck me today. I guess today is a rose and chocolate day for me, lol! Tomorrow will probably be something else, but isn't it hard to go wrong with pink and brown? Anyway, here's the sketch, although it was originally vertical with the grey panel across the top and I rotated it to horizontal:

On a card base of Chocolate Chip went a layer of the Sweet Always multicolored polka dot DSP. Then I "built" my panels of other papers in the package, layering them on either chocolate or rose card stock. "Warm Wishes" from the Hugs and Wishes set was stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder on the lower right panel.

For the focal image, I used my Sizzix Embosslits "Simple Flower" in the Big Shot to both cut and emboss (all at the same time!) a flower out of Regal Rose card stock. The Kiwi Kiss leaves were cut with the Sizzlit "Little Leaves". How quick and easy is that! I love the look of the fine cutting but I'm not wild about doing it myself! That's why I love my Big Shot! I put a chocolate coloted Flower Brad in the center of the rose flower to complete it and added Dimensionals to adhere it. An additional chocolate Flower Brad was added on the lower vertical stripe to balance out the design.

Stamps: Hugs and Wishes, sentiment
Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft
Paper: Sweet Always DSP; Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss.
Accessories: Flower Brads, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Sizzix Embosslit "Simple Flower", Sizzlits "Little Leaves", Dimensionals

I'm happy with the way it turned out! Great sketch, Lisa! I'm so pleased to be a part of this talented group! You may check out the other member's work by clicking here or on the "Blogger's Challenge" banner on the left sidebar.

Thanks for visiting! Are you going to get to stamp this weekend? I hope you do!

Margaret

16 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

This is awesome, Margaret! I love your combination of colors and elements in this sketch!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a fun and frilly combination of color, brads and big shot pieces to make a GREAT card!

Barb Hardeman said...

What a super card Margaret. Your colors and sprig of flowers are sensational. Love it all...

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is fantastic Margaret! I'm with you...love the pink and brown! Beautifully done! :D

Rachel Hope said...

so pretty!!!!

Basement Stamper said...

OH, love this card and the colors of it!

Jennifer said...

Your work is so inspiring!

Nikki Bond said...

Love how you flipped the sketch...great job! {SMILES}

Lisa Martz said...

What a lovely card! One of those to put in my favorites folder! Great job!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

This is so pretty! Love the flower and leaves as the focal point!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the color combination and all the different panels of DSP - very pretty!

Ida said...

Lovely. The colors and patterns are so pretty and the embossed flower makes a wonderful focal point to your card.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors! I have those same embosslits..I love them!!! Great job!

Unknown said...

OMG!!!! This is just beautiful!! I am soooo casing this one!! TFS!

Patrice Pierce said...

Very pretty!

Chrissy D said...

WOW! Love the colors you chose and the DP! Beautifully done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...