Friday, January 13, 2012

Apothecary Art and Loving Thoughts

Today's card is made using some new products from the fabulous 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog!  Oh, what fun it is to stamp using these great new products (and some that are not brand-new but still current favorites!)
I am just lovin' these new Framelit dies!!  They are so lightweight yet strong, they come in a nested set of six dies so you can cut frames and layers quickly (no handcutting needed!), and they even have their own plastic storage case which fits in a "thin" space!  It is also more economical as you do get six different sizes in one set!
My card layout is Splitcoast Sketch Challenge #367 and I used a color scheme of Blushing Bride, Basic Gray and Whisper White.  The gray print Designer Series Paper (DSP) in the background is from the new "Twitterpated" DSP fresh from the 2012 Occasions Mini, as is the stamp set (set of 6) Apothecary Art and the greeting set Loving Thoughts (set of 11 beautifully scripted sentiments!).  The four different-sized labels in the Apothecary Art set coordinate with the Labels Framelits to form a dynamic duo for papercrafting pizzazz!
Isn't this label a gorgeous shape!  Love it!  The sentiment was stamped on a 1/2" wide strip of Whisper White cardstock and attached with a Neutral Glimmer Brad.  These brads lend a sophisticated shimmer to the card.  The white lace under the gray layer is made with the wide Scallop Lace Punch.  I added a touch of white to the top and bottom of my Blushing Bride Label by cutting some white cardstock strips and adhering them to the back of the label.
The card base is Basic Gray cardstock then a layer of Blushing Bride was treated to the Polka Dots Embossing Folder in the Big Shot to give subtle texture that adds to the entire look of the card.

I hope you enjoyed the card today!  I'm working on making some more samples for my upcoming workshop!

Thanks for visiting!

Margaret

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love this card!! The colors and your coloring is awesome!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #50 with a link back to your blog on 1-29-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...