Friday, May 11, 2012

Tea Shoppe

You may have noticed the recent lack of my posting; we were gone for nine days on a wonderful trip for a milestone anniversary!  Unfortunately I returned home coming down with something and I'm still trying to get over it, so not getting any stamping done (or anything else either!).

However, I do have a card for you today that I made before I left.  I really like the lovely Tea Shoppe stamp set that appeared in the Occasions Mini Catalog, and to my delight it appears on Stampin' Up!'s Carryover List for May! so it is still available for purchase!
 
 
 The card base is Whisper White with the front dry embossed with the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder and the Big Shot; this makes a lovely frame for the rest of the card elements.  The teacup was stamped with Riding Hood Red ink onto Whisper White then cut out with my sharp little Paper Snips. Those scissors are great for fine cutting and control!  On the handle is a knot of Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon.

Beneath the cup is a piece of Twitterpated Designer Series Paper, which is also on the carryover list this month!  The combination of Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz (I'm going to miss these colors so much!), Island Indigo and Riding Hood Red is the basis for the card's color scheme.  The paper was  treated with the Scallop Edge Punch before adding to the card, and a narrow strip of the reverse print was adhered to it's top edge for contrast.  At the bottom is the "tea for two" image stamped in Island Indigo and punched out with the Wide Oval Punch.  Tiny Pearls were added to this piece and also several added to the flower centers on the cup itself.


I kept the inside simple with the greeting plus two posies stamped with the set, leaving plenty of room for a personal message.

This was a pretty simple card but the predominance of white with the embossing and red cup gave it panache!

Thanks for visiting today!  I appreciate your visit!  Remember this Tea Shoppe set and the Twitterpated Designer Paper is still available for purchase in May, along with a number of other items!

Happy Stampin'!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...