Monday, September 10, 2012

First Edition Sunflower

Our weather is getting a little less hot, (lol, I wanted to say cooler, but I don't think 90 degrees sounds much cooler!).  I've been looking at lots of fall pictures and planning a fall party, so I was in the fall stamping mood today also!  I wanted something different from the leaves I've been working with lately (even tho I love them!) and remembered our beautiful Sunflower stamp from Stampin' Up!
 Mary Jo (Technostamper) had a great sketch on her blog last week that I used, so even though it was too late to enter her blog hop this week I still thought it was perfect for this stamp.  I stamped the Sunflower on First Edition Designer Paper with VersaMark then embossed it with the new Early Espresso Embossing Powder in the Holiday 2012 Catalog.  Color was added with Sponge Daubers using More Mustard, Soft Suede, a little Tangerine Tango and a More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker.  I was pleasantly surprised at how great the DSP took to the heat embossing; it is such great weight paper that it withstood the heat without warping!
  
The card base is Cajun Craze overlaid with a piece of More Mustard that has been treated with the great Woodgrain Embossing Folder from the Holiday Catalog!  (One of my faves!)  I put some More Mustard ink onto the folder before embossing and it adds a little depth to the recesses of the embossing! 
 
 A strip of Early Espresso was treated with the Chevron Embossing Folder then attached down the left side of the Sunflower layer.  Three More Mustard Buttons from the Regals Collection pack were tied with Early Espresso Bakers Twine and attached with Mini Glue Dots.

A greeting banner could be attached to the front, but since I didn't have immediate plans for this card, I thought I'd wait and add an appropriate one when I get ready to use it!

Thanks for coming by for a visit!  I appreciate you taking the time to visit and hope you enjoy the card!  Come again soon!

Happy creating!

Margaret

1 comment:

Selene Kempton said...

Such a beautiful card with wonderful fall colors! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...