Thursday, November 8, 2012

Joyous Celebrations Candy Wrapper Treat Boxes!

It's still fall, I love Thanksgiving time yet I'm thinking ahead to Christmas these days!  How about you? Working on those Christmas cards yet?  Me too, but I took some time out to make these fun Candy Wrapper boxes recently.
The treat boxes were diecut with the Big Shot diecutting machine and the Stampin' Up! Candy Wrapper Bigz L Die!  They don't take that much cardstock; you can get two out of a 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock, and have a nice almost 2.5" x 11" piece left to use for punches and other things!
I used the Festival of Prints Designer Paper Pack to embellish my treat boxes.  I cut a 1.5"x 6" strip from the 4.5"x 6" sheet for the wrap.  This means you can get three "wraps" out of one sheet from the pack!  Nice!  And, these sheets are double-sided so you could use the other side for a totally different look!
For the sentiment on each Candy Wrapper, I realized that the Joyous Celebrations set from the 2012 Holiday Catalog would be a great fit!  I've used punches and the beautiful Champagne Glimmer Paper (again from the Holiday Catalog) to embellish each box.
The "Dec. 25" wrapper was tied with 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade to coordinate with the DSP.  The other two were tied with (retired) Cherry Cobbler Ribbon (from 2011 Holiday Catalog) which I still have (and love);  Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon would work just as well!
Here is another view of all three of the boxes together.  

Thanks for dropping by!  I hope you've enjoyed them!  Hmm, I have another vision for these dancing in my head so stay tuned; hopefully I'll have time to get that down on cardstock soon!

Margaret 
 

Festival of Prints    (c)Stampin' Up! 2012     #126904     $6.95
Candy Wrapper Bigz L Die  (c)Stampin' Up!    #120890     $32.95

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on the boxes! These would be a great idea for an onament exchange I do with some friends. Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...