Thursday, June 5, 2014

Colorful Mixed Bunch CCMC306

Today we have a gorgeous color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary!  CCMC306 combines the colors of Perfect Plum, Coastal Cabana and Wild Wasabi... I love these colors separately but even more together!!  Here's what I did with them:


I used the embossing folder stamping technique for the background; these colors were just perfect for it!  (Sponging inks onto the inside front of your embossing folder, spritzing with water then laying a piece of watercolor paper down over the ink, pressing gently and randomly.  Carefully remove paper  and allow to dry).  Your background is not actually embossed but you get the design of the folder.  Love the look this gives!


The flower stamp is from the Mixed Bunch set, stamped in Perfect Plum onto Perfect Plum cardstock.  I stamped a second flower center on Shimmer White, punched it to layer on the flower center then applied dots of Dazzling Diamonds onto the white dots.  I stamped a portion of this flower again on a Wild Wasabi scrap and tucked it underneath the flower for leaves.  The banner is also Shimmer White cardstock stamped with the sentiment then wrapped with that yummy Coastal Cabana Baker's Twine.  This looks so perfect for spring and summer greetings!

Stamps:  Mixed Bunch, Papillion Potpourri, Gifts of Kindness (sentiment)
Inks:  Perfect Plum, Coastal Cabana, Wild Wasabi
Papers:  Watercolor Paper; Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum and Shimmer White cardstocks.
Accessories:  Hexagon TIEF, Coastal Cabana Baker's Twine, Blossom Punch, 7/8" Scallop Punch, Sponge Daubers, Dazzling Details, Stampin' Spritzer, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals.

Here again is the color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary: 

Be sure to check out the cards from the other Challenge Team members this week at Create with Connie and Mary!  gorgeous!  And while you're there, see the guidelines for participating in the challenge... it's fun plus a great creative activity!!  We would love to see what YOU do with this color combo!

I appreciate your visit today and your comments are always welcome!  Thank you!!

Margaret

22 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love this technique Margaret. How pretty with our colors this week! Your card is gorgeous!

Patti Willey said...

Whoa! Stopped me in my tracks visiting Pintertest today! What an interesting effect your sponging and spritzing your embossing folder did! the perfect technique for this fun color pallet thanks so much for sharing!

2dogs2luv said...

stunning!

2dogs2luv said...

stunning!

Deb said...

Love the background!!! What a great technique! And I love the details of your flower center! Beautiful card!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love the artistic background you created. It is beautiful - so soft and it is a nice contrast to the flower!

soggystamper said...

Oooh...such a beautiful card. I love that technique and will have to take time to do it today. I have never been a fan of Perfect Plum but it works so well in this card that I will have to rethink things. I have also discovered it plays well with the new Blackberry Bliss.
Sue Erickson
www.soggystamper.com

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Margaret! I love your technique and can't wait to give it a try! Just beautiful!

Marlene said...

What a great idea, I'll have to try this experiment for sure. Your card looks beautiful. Thanks so much for the hot tip.

Sue Duffy said...

Just love the background (and entire card), Margaret. Just tried it on a small piece. I think I need to add a little more ink, but I got the idea. TFS

Sue Duffy said...

Just love this background, Margaret. Just whipped out a small piece - I might need to add a little more ink, but I got the picture. TFS

RitaR said...

Your beautiful card has given me the push I needed to try this background technique .... your color combo is JUST LOVELY!!

Lisa Martz said...

Oh my goodness...this is FABULOUS! I love the look of this technique and I really want to try it! What did you use to sponge on the ink? Just one of our regular sponges? And is it best to use watercolor paper or does our naturals card stock work? I also love how you punched out the center of the flower and popped it up. Love this!

Connie Babbert said...

This card is GORGEOUS, Margaret! LOVE the background. The entire card is so rich and FABULOUS! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

One word....GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely LOVE your background and now I have to try it! Your card is simply amazing!

Kim Innis said...

This card is stunning! TFS.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Absolutely STUNNING! I will have to give this technique a try. Thank you for sharing the directions.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is fabulous Margaret - the background is just stunning! Great use of the challenge colours.

Melissa Davies said...

WOW! Your custom background paper is fantastic! What a fabulous combination of stamps, pattern and texture! Just beautiful!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Absolutely love the colours & your background. Looks fantastic. All round brilliant card. Pinning!
Thanks Margaret for sharing
Inky wishes, Di

annieinegypt travelling the world said...

Wow card - thanks for sharing - great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love this technique - thank you so much for sharing. I used your idea for one of the make&takes at my team meeting last night. And plan to show it to my stamp club in July. I love to show them other ways to use things.
Monika Davis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...