Thursday, April 30, 2015

Flower Shop CCMC353

Today we have Sketch Challenge CCMC353 over at Create with Connie and Mary!  Since it's spring, I'm celebrating by featuring flowers on my challenge card!  We've had so much rain here lately that the wildflowers are beginning to bloom along the highways, always a welcome sight!


The card base is Strawberry Slush (Oh, how I will miss this color!) cardstock overlaid with three strips of narrow Old Olive ribbon.


Next up is a layer of Basic Black cardstock then a print from the Back to Black Designer Series Paper pack, which has been stamped with a stem from the Flower Patch set in Pistachio Pudding. (Isn't that black and white print somewhat reminiscent of a trellis?  I rather thought so...)


For the feature on the front, I used a grouping of flowers accented with Dazzling Details or Basic Pearls and tucked in a tiny sentiment punched out with the Word Window Punch.

Stamps:  Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Flower Patch, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks:  Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Pistachio Pudding, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Paper:  Back to Black DSP; Basic Black, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
Accessories:  Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Basic Pearls, Dazzling Details.

Isn't this a cool sketch from Create with Connie and Mary this week?  And sooo versatile too!


What would this sketch inspire you to create?  We would love to see!!... so make your creation and upload it online then link it to this sketch post on Create with Connie and Mary!  This sketch could be used for those Mom's Day or Dad's day cards you need also!

Be sure to check out the cards from the other Challenge Team members on Create with Connie and Mary too!  They always inspire me!!

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!

Margaret

6 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a beautiful card, Margaret! It definitely looks like a trellis and I love the concept. I also love the contrast of the bright colors with the black and white.

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh wow! This card makes me happy to look at! I LOVE how the bright flowers pop against the graphic black and white background. Very attractive!

Chris Slogar said...

I am a huge Strawberry Slush fan, too, and I think it is awesome with black and white! I love how you stamped some leaves on the dsp. Very pretty card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card Margaret - I love the spring blooms against the black and white trellis-style DSP - very modern. I will so miss Strawberry Slush!

AB. said...

You are right - it DOES look like a trellis and your flowers are very much at home on it. I also liked how you stamped straight onto your DSP. Bonnie was encouraging us at Convention last week to do that and explore the creative possibilities. :)
Great card! :)

Lisa Martz said...

The dainty flowers look fabulous in front of that bold paper! Very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...