Thursday, May 21, 2015

Butterfly Sympathy CCMC356

We have a lovely color combination today from Create with Connie and Mary for Color Challenge CCMC356:  Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky and Silver or Smoky Slate.


I used a Blackberry Bliss card base with bottom front corners rounded and heat embossed the sentiment with Silver Embossing Powder.  Next, with Dimensionals I added a layer of Soft Sky that has been embossed with the Spring Flowers embossing folder.


Over that is layered a 4" x 1" strip of a Blackberry Bliss print paper.



A diecut Butterfly and three small punched flowers, all from Brushed Silver Cardstock and embellished with Basic Pearls, complete the card.

Stamps:  Bloom with Hope (sentiment)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Park Lane Designer Paper; Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky, Brushed Silver cardstocks
Accessories:  Silver Embossing Powder, Basic Pearls
Tools:  Heat Tool, Butterfly Framelits, Spring Flowers TIEF, Big Shot, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack

Here's the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge for this week:  



What do you think?  We would love for you to join us this week by creating with these colors then posting it to the Create with Connie and Mary website (all the guidelines are there for you).  Can't wait to see what you do with this challenge!

Thanks for visiting today!  Happy Stampin'!

Margaret

8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful! I love the silver flowers and butterfly against the contrasting Soft Sky and Blackberry Bliss! Great job with the color challenge!

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow, Margaret! This is sooooo pretty! I love the silver butterfly and the flowered embossing combined with the DSP looks wonderful!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Looks beautiful! That silver butterfly with pearls is gorgeous especially against the embossed background!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Margaret! I love that you used silver as your accent colour, the butterfly is gorgeous! The embossed background works really well too and I had totally forgotten about that DSP!

AB. said...

Gorgeous card Margaret!! I love your sparkly butterfly and flowers. I like the peep of DSP too. :)

Chris Slogar said...

What a beautiful mix of pattern and texture - that strip of designer paper is such a perfect accent! Such a sweet and pretty sympathy card!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the detail on your card Margaret! Very pretty, in fact I would call it eye candy! :)

Lisa Martz said...

I am so sorry I am late with my comments for this challenge! Graduation happened and we had lots of company that stayed into the week after graduation. There was just no time at my computer!

I am going to miss the brushed silver card stock! I loved the subtle sheen of it so much more than the foil which didn't always work with what you were doing. This is a beautiful card! Very delicate with the butterfly and punched flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...