Thursday, June 18, 2015

Awesomely Artistic CCMC360

Hi there!   We have a lovely Color Challenge today at Create with Connie and Mary consisting of Island Indigo, Smoky Slate and Chocolate Chip!  I just received my new Catalog order the night before we left for a family reunion so I was eager to use a new stamp set this week; this one is called Awesomely Artistic!   


First I mixed alcohol and Smoky Slate ink refill in a mister; next I diecut a piece of cardstock (any color) with the Hexagon Hive Thinlit Die and cut out a piece to use as a stencil.  I placed it on Whisper White and spritzed it with the ink mixture.  Next I stamped the "spots" die with Island Indigo (stamped off twice before stamping on the white) randomly around the card.


The flower cluster was stamped with Island Indigo then I immediately pulled some of the color around the image with a Blender Pen and fussy cut it.  I stamped the fern and ribbon (border) stamps with Chocolate Chip and added the button.

The dragonfly was inked and stamped off twice before stamping on the card; after it dried I added Dazzling Details to give it some shimmer.  I also added Dazzling Details to the flower centers for a little more shimmer!

Stamps:  Awesomely Artistic
Inks:  Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White cardstock
Accessories:  Neutrals Button, Blender Pen, Dazzling Details, Stampin' Spritzer, Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform.

Here is the color combination we're using this week:


It took me a little while to figure out what to do with this combination but I ended up liking it a lot!  What would YOU create using this color scheme?  We would love to see!!  So jump over to Create with Connie and Mary for the challenge guidelines and while there, do check out the other Challenge Team members' creations... they are all SO talented!

Thanks for visiting this week!  Until next time, Happy Stamping!!

Margaret

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just don't know where to start with this Margaret, this card is STUNNING! I love all of the detail. The stencil idea is great and it makes such a statement! Beautiful!!

Judy DiScipio said...

What a great card!!! Love the colors and how you used them. :)

Chris Slogar said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! You accomplished more than I thought possible with three colors! I love all your little touches!

AB. said...

WOW - the background stencilling is stunning and I can't get enough of those flowers. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Margaret - I am in awe of your collage style card and the background is just fabulous! Great take on the colours, which I struggled with too this week!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

your card is a beautiful work of art! Love the way you incorporated the different elements.

Andrea W said...

Lovely card with so many pretty details. Your spritzed background and fussy cut flowers turned look terrific.

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow, Margaret, this is beautiful! Thanks for explaining how to get the hexagon look in the background....that is simply too cool for school!!!! I love it and need to try it for myself!

Lisa Martz said...

I can't wait for this stamp set to make it to my house! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it...the honeycomb effect int he background is awesome! Way to go, Margaret!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...