Friday, March 30, 2007

Big Deal Alphabet

I'm in an online swap group and we also do 1 to 1 "challenges" based on a theme. A few weeks ago the challenge was to make a card with a word or words as the focal image of the composition. The person assigned to send me a card was Leigh O'Brien and here is the card she sent me! Aren't I the fortunate one!Leigh's card uses SU's Big Deal Alphabet (set of 24, pg. 193) and Wonderful Words (set of 4, pg. 184). She shadowed her letters with Sahara Sand ink and an AquaPainter™ to give them depth. The scallops were made with the Slit Punch, punched with the 1/4" circle punch, then outlined with the white Signo Gel Pen. The little flowers are from the Just Delightful Simply Scrapping Kit™ that was available as a Sell-A-Bration set, now retired. Leigh sketched the black lines around the white layer by hand using a black Journaling Maker™. Doesn't that add a lot and make the composition pop?! The Bashful Blue background was embossed with a mechanical embossing machine. All products Stampin' Up!™ except the embossing machine.
I was thrilled when I received this wonderful card from Leigh; she is quite an artist!

Wishing you a GOOD day!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is great...I love the colors and those big scallops with the white gel pen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...