Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Sketch Challenge!

Here is a card sketch for an online group of Stampin' Up! stampers I belong to. We sign up for the challenge then we make and send our completed card to another stamper on the list.

This particular sheet of Bali Breeze Designer Paper with these large flowers on it has always been impressive to me but this is the first time I have actually cut into one! I knew I needed a large image for this sketch so that gave me the opportunity to pull this paper out and really use it, instead of just admiring it, lol!

The color scheme of Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise is of course taken from the paper. The turquoise paper with the stitched swirls is another design of paper in this same package. The stitching theme is carried a little further by lines of paper piercing on each side of the Pumpkin Pie layer and also in the two outside corners. I cut the flower out of the paper, punched out another flower and added it to the center and layered it with a small turquoise circle, topped with a turquoise brad. I love these bright colors which look so summery.
I used the Word Window punch to punch out the sentiment and added the other layers of color with the same punch. The sentiment is the only stamp used on the outside of this card. With gorgeous Designer Papers like these, you can make a smashing card quite quickly when you need to!

Stamps: Fresh Cuts (sentiment)
Inks: Tempting Turquoise
Papers: Bali Breeze Designer Paper. Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise cardstock
Accessories: Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Paper Snips, 1/4" and 3/4" circle punches, Word Window Punch.
This is the second card this week using these gorgeous Bali Breeze Designer Papers. I have another one for you another day, too! : )
Thanks for stopping by! Have fun stampin'!
Margaret

3 comments:

Claudia Perry said...

OH MY - this card is GORGEOUS!!!! And I think I'll be lucky enough to see it soon ;-) Can't wait! I just ordered a stack of that paper for a class and this gives me another great sample, that I will have to duplicate...

LeAnne said...

Love this! I like the word embellishment you made with the punch--very clever!
LeAnne

Pat Huntoon said...

That is just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...