Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fresh Cuts in Apricot

This card looks so cheery in Apricot Appeal! It's probably obvious that I'm enjoying stamping with my sneak peek Fresh Cuts set! I've always liked collage and collage-type stamps so this new set that will be in the Stampin' Up! Fall & Winter Idea Book and Catalog was a must-have for me, and on special to boot! Perfect! There are so many techniques one can use with this type of stamp; can't wait to try some more of them. This card uses sponge daubers and markers to add color to the image, which is then layered on celery cardstock.

The sentiment from the set is punched out, layered and adhered over the black and white gingham ribbon which adds punch to this color scheme. I used my 1/4" square punch to notch the sides of the card to allow the ribbon to go inside and also keeps it in place.

Stamps: Fresh Cut
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery. Markers: Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral
Cardstock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: 1/4" square, small Oval, Large Oval punches; 1/4" b&w gingham ribbon

This is a simple and quick card to make, and with the light and bright colors, should bring some sparkle to the recipients day.

Happy Saturday! Have a great weekend, and have fun stampin'!
Margaret

1 comment:

Ret said...

Margaret, this is beautiful! I love the colors you chose, they are just gorgeous together.
I love your blog, I've subscribed to it so I won't miss anything!
Ret
www.cardsncraftsbyret.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...