Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sense of Time TSSC66

I had a good time using my new Sense of Time set from the Occasions Mini Catalog last night! I am usually drawn to vintage style stamps and this one did quickly catch my eye. It also has two very nice sayings in the set... and can we ever have too many sayings? Noooooooo! : )

I made my card for Technostamper's Monday Sketch Challenge and you see the sketch for the week on the right. It is a good yet simple sketch which will be useful again and again!

The card base is my much neglected More Mustard card stock; then I added the Artichoke striped DSP on which I softly stamped the gears stamp in Close to Cocoa (I wanted it to be subtle). Ruby Red and More Mustard layers next then a layer of Chocolate Chip which has been run through the Big Shot with the Distressed Texturz Plate to give it wonderful visual and tactile interest. They are great!

I stamped the large clock face and gears on Sahara Sand cardstock in Chocolate Chip Craft ink then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, then lightly sponged the various inks onto them and cut them out. The sentiment was stamped and cut out; the ends of the cardstock were each placed into the Rounded Tab Punch to give them that little rounded look, then it was sponged with inks also and Vintage Brads added. All the pieces were layered onto the chocolate piece with Dimensionals and Snail Adhesive. For the three "dots" design element, I used Ruby Red brads from the Earth Elements Brads assortment.

You know, we are always needing cards for the men and I think this one would fit the bill just great!

Stamps: Sense of Time #113804, set of 4
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa Classic; Chocolate Chip Craft
Paper: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand cardstock; Artichoke Designer Paper from Patterns Pack Level I Hostess (Fa 08)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Ruby Red brads from Earth Elements Asst., Vintage Brads, Stampin' Sponges, Rounded Tab Punch, Big Shot Machine, Sizzix Texturz Plates, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive.

You can see Technostamper's card here and a listing of the other players this week. Take the challenge yourself and see what you come up with.

Thanks for visiting! You are always welcome here! Click on "Comments", leave me a note and say Hello!

Hope you get to have some fun stampin'!

Margaret

3 comments:

MJ said...

This is so wonderful! I really love the colors. A fabulous male card, you rocked this one. Thanks for playing.

barb said...

Love this card, Margaret. I haven't used this stamp set yet, so I need to break it in with this sketch. :)

thanks always,
barb

Barbara said...

This is just fabulous!....probably my very favorite of any I've seen so far using this set!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...