Monday, June 29, 2009

Soft Summer IV

This is the fourth in my series of saying goodbye to the beautiful Soft Summer set from the Occasions Mini Catalog, which ends tomorrow. There are so many great sets in this mini catalog... it's been a really fun one!

I used the retiring In Color Baja Breeze, which we will miss so much, but Stampin' Up! always has great new In Colors and products awaiting us! These will officially be unveiled on Wednesday, July 1st!

I stamped the soft flower line image in Basic Gray then came back with the second matching solid image in Baja Breeze. You will notice I didn't stamp it exactly on top of the lines; that was intentional. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the second stamp just where I wanted it so it would be offset and look somewhat like a shadow. Of course it can be stamped exactly on top of the line image if that is what you wish!

I colored a scalloped square frame from the On Board Essentials set of chipboard using Baja Breeze Classic ink and a Sponge Dauber. Those daubers are so easy to use and you don't get ink all over your fingers! While that was drying, I placed a layer of Baja Breeze card stock onto my Basic Gray card and added a patterned paper from the Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper to the lower 3/8ths of the card. The "seam" was covered with the coordinating Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain ribbon. A short piece of the ribbon was tied around the chipboard frame and then the stamped flower piece was adhered to the back.

The greeting from the Really Retro set was stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. For the final step, the square frame was adhered to the card using Snail Adhesive. Pretty quick and easy!

Stamps: Soft Summer, greeting from Really Retro
Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, VersaMark
Paper: Walk in the Park Designer Paper; Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Baja Breeze Grosgrain ribbon, On Board Essentials (scallop frame), White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Many of these products are retiring and can only be ordered through tomorrow, June 30. Both the Spring-Summer Idea Book and Catalog and the Occasions Mini Catalog expire tomorrow so if there is anything on the retiring lists or mini catalog that you want, you must order now or it will be unavailable.

Sorry I've not posted more in the last week but I've had a funeral and then a family reunion in Houston so I've been away.

I always appreciate your visits! Take care, and have fun stampin'!

1 comment:

rozie640 said...

Love the soft colors in this card. The scalloped piece of art work is adorable, I like it offset just like you did it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...