Saturday, February 6, 2010

Petal Card Die Hanging Heart Box




Here's another of my projects I've been making using the Petal Card Die:  a Hanging Heart Box.  I love how it really takes on so much dimension by being treating to a pass through the Big Shot in an Embossing Folder, this time the Stampin' Up! Finial Press folder.  This box can be used for so many things, or simply as a home decoration when decorated with a theme.

Cut out two of the diecuts, then decorate the front diecut as desired.  Fold back two of the scallops, forming a heart.  Do this on both diecuts.  Cut a piece of cardstock 5" long and the desired width for your box; I cut mine 5" x 1.5".  Crease it in the center at 2.5", then put Sticky Strip heavy-duty double sided adhesive down both edges of this strip. The crease will go at the point of the heart and the scallop is adhered to the cardstock strip, forming the "box".

Apply a Jumbo Grommet with the Crop-A-Dile and tie a hanger of the luxurious Satin Ribbon through the grommets, knotting the ends. (Love that gorgeous ribbon!!)  You're done and it is really quite easy!

These can be decorated for any occasion or season and would be a lovely container for a gift or candy!


Thanks for visiting today!  I would love for you to acknowledge your visit and say "Hi!" by leaving a comment!  Thanks!

Have a great weekend!


Margaret

7 comments:

tonistamps said...

GREAT idea Margaret!! This is an awesome hanging box! I really like the added step of embossing it too.

Claudia Perry said...

it turned out absolutely adorable! Love the texture!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I love it Margaret! This would make a great gift for my little boys doors on the 14th! Thanks for the reminder to leave a comment too! We often stop to admire someone else's work but forget to leave comments... it is nice to know that there are real people out there looking! Keep up the fabulous work... come join our challenge blog at www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com The challenge this week is "anything but a card"

crafty stamper said...

Margaret:
I love seeing what one can do with the various dies and the Big Shot. This tutorial shows the versatility of the Petal Die, a die I use very much as well.
Your tutorial is clear and concise - and easy to follow.
Guess what I'll be making with my craft group.

rozie640 said...

Very cute Margaret, that could hold a lot of great stuff. A very cute and practical idea.

Tory said...

This makes a pretty basket. I will tell you that my DD snagged the bookmark we made a the INK meeting yesterday as soon as I got into the car! I guess I'll have to make one for me, now. Good thing that die was in the package I recieved Friday! Thanks, Margaret for the great idea! Your blog is great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Great directions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...