Monday, November 29, 2010

Contempo Christmas Cards III

Oops, it took longer to get these posted than I expected!  So sorry!

As I had mentioned in a previous post, I joined a Mystery Image Challenge where the hostess sent materials for us to use, and we were to send a card to another challenge participant.  I received this card from Tiffany Thorpe using these fun products.


Didn't she come up with a darling card?  At the top is the "Merry Christmas" from the set punched with the Large Oval Punch and layered over a Decorative Label punchie of Cherry Cobbler.
She used two of the stripes from the Jolly Holiday Designer Paper and cut out and added the tree from the Contempo Christmas set on the lower right.    BUT there is more!


When I opened the card, what to my eyes did appear but these charming ornaments with the greeting!  Isn't this just wonderful?!!  What a special card!  Thank you so much, Tiffany!  Love it!

Here is another card I made yesterday from the challenge packet!  Wow, our hostess Rose was so generous with the goodies that I can make at least six cards from all this, and decorate a few more!  Thanks, Rose!


Anyway, this is a simple card of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and a striped piece of the Jolly Holiday Designer Paper with trims cut with the Tasteful Trims XL Die for the Big Shot.  I ran the background paper through the Big Shot in the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (twice) and it kind of cracked it, revealing the white core of the paper and giving it this really interesting look!  How cool!  I applied the greeting with Dimensionals and to it, I added a "poinsettia" flower punched with the BoHo Blossoms Punch with a Rhinestone center.  In my stash on my desk I found the Old Olive swirls cut with the Big Shot and the Swirls Scribbles Sizzlet (can you say that fast three times, lol?!) which I thought was a great touch!  A happy happenstance!

I hope you are enjoying this series of cards with this set!  Another happy "happenstance" is that this Contempo Christmas set and a package of Jolly Holiday Designer Paper are on sale in the ABCs Holiday Bundle sale!  Buy a bundle and Save a Bundle!! 


You can also add them an online order to help qualify for Free Shipping during the Online Spectacular which ends tomorrow night!

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope your day is great!

Margaret

1 comment:

Rose said...

WOW Margaret, love your new cards. You really did make that packet of stuff stretch!! I think you win. Love everything you made and Tiffany's card is awesome too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...