Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blooming with Kindness in Curry and Brown

Here I am again with one of my favorite sets, Blooming with Kindness!  I like it anytime of the year, but since we're approaching fall, I find myself reaching for it even more often!



I had this Oval Accents Die cut out of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock sitting on my stamping desk already embossed with the Chevron embossing folder; just a great background waiting to be used!  The polka dot background is Chocolate Chip and Whisper White from the Neutrals Paper Stack.  I just love the Paper Stacks because you get all this wonderful DSP in every color of a given color family;  I am so glad I recently ordered this because the Chocolate Chip was just perfect for this card!  The card base is Crushed Curry.



The flower image was inked with Crushed Curry then I used the "thumping" technique (which is also called by other names which I can't remember right now...).  This is done by randomly tapping my (Calypso Coral) marker on the inked stamp and then stamping; this adds "flecks" of color to the image and gives it a cool look.  I then cut it out with a Window Frame Framelit and used the Festive Paper Piercing Pack template and piercing tool for the piercing around the edge.



A strip of Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon was added to the left end and a Calypso Coral Button tied with Linen Thread adorns it.  The "Thanks" sentiment, stamped in Chocolate Chip, is part of an image from the Harvest of Thanks set. 

I never thought about putting these colors, Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar and Chocolate Chip, together before I started this card, but I really like how they look in person! 

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you enjoy the card!   Remember to come back tomorrow as I'll have my card up for the next Create with Connie and Mary Challenge, #268!  See you then!


Blooming with Kindness
Window Frame Framelit Dies   #129021
Oval Accents Clear Bigz Die    #127005
Chevron Texture Impressions Embossing Folder  #127749

Any or all of these items can be purchased through my secure online Stampin' Up! store website here:  http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/margaret/   Once there just click on the "Shop Now" button.   Thanks for shopping with me!

Warmly,

Margaret

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your card. Colors are great together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...