Thursday, September 26, 2013

Secret Garden Hello!

It is time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Thursday!  Today we have Color Challenge CCMC270 consisting of Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Bermuda Bay!



I know, I know, this isn't a fall card!  I've been making so many fall projects lately (and I LOVE FALL!) that I decided to take a break from those and do something different using these colors.  Well, I thought and thought then chose the Secret Garden set and framelits for flowers!



I stamped the two line-art stamps and clear embossed them.  Next I used my AquaPainter filled with alcohol and colored them.  I did a second center for the Bermuda Bay  flower and layered it. The Crushed Curry was stamped off before stamping then I added some shading with the AquaPainter.



Here you can see the close-up detail.  Three tiny Pearls center each flower; I colored the Pearls for the Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry flowers with my AquaPainter (alcohol) and ink; the Pearls were left original for the Bermuda Bay flower.



Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon encircles the Chevron-embossed card front.  The "Hello" sentiment is from Lacy and Lovely stamp set which is stamped on the banner.  Here you can also get a glimpse of the inside that is decorated with two line-art flowers and a length of "ric-rac" diecut with the Tasteful Trim XL die.

Here again are the colors for this week's challenge from Create with Connie and Mary:


Now it's your turn:  Can YOU take the CCMC 270 Color Challenge?  First visit Create with Connie and Mary to check out the cards made by the other super-talented Challenge Team Members and see the guidelines.  Make your card, upload it then link it to the CCMC270 page!  Next wait for all the admiring visitors and comments!  We'll drop by to see your card and leave you some comment love this next week!

Stamps:  Secret Garden, Lacy and Lovely
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Cajun Craze
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Chevron Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Secret Garden Framelits,  Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, AquaPainter, Tasteful Trim XL Die.

Thanks for joining me today!  Have a happy weekend, and stamp if you can!  It's good therapy!

Margaret

5 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Love the colored flowers! I would never have thought to color them that way! And I just love the colored pearls!

Lisa Martz said...

I love the way you softened the colors with the alcohol in the blender pen! Such a pretty card! Wonderful fall hello!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Using Secret Garden in all the colors was a great idea! Lovely card!

Jann McCollom said...

Love this, Margaret! I think it kinda has a fresh look for fall. So pretty.

Connie Babbert said...

I know you weren't trying for a fall look, but I love this combination of flower colors! So pretty on the chevron embossed background! Great job with the color challenge last week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...