Thursday, September 18, 2014

Peace & Joy

It's Thursday... time for the Create with Connie and Mary Weekly Challenge, #321, a sketch!!  I must admit I had the "deer in the headlights" feeling when I first saw the sketch, but then, this IS a challenge, lol!  Then I thought of the gorgeous All is Calm Washi Tape and DSP in the Holiday Catalog and had my answer!


I love the colors in this DSP and Washi ensemble:  Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White and Smoky Slate.


The greeting is from the "Good Greetings" set which is a special Hostess-only set, an extra reward for a $300. party from now until October 31, and is stamped in Lost Lagoon ink.



I stamped the small star stamp onto Smoky Slate cardstock with VersaMark then heat embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder.  Next I diecut it with the smallest of the Star Framelits and diecut the next larger size star out of Brushed Silver cardstock, assembled them with Dimensionals and placed them on the intersection of the Washi tape.  A few sequins from the Frosted Sequins embellishment pack scattered about and one tiny Rhinestone in the star center finished up the card!
 

Here is the CCMC321 sketch for this week: 


What will YOU do with it?  I'm sure you will come up with some creative cards using this sketch; can't wait to see them!  The guidelines for the challenge are on the Create with Connie and Mary blog, as well as the fabulous cards from the other members of the Design Team.  Give them a look;  they always inspire me!

Thanks for visiting today!  We love to hear from you too!

Margaret


6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

lol! Love your deer in the headlights analogy! I felt the same way. But, it was much easier to do than I thought! LOVE the layers of the star you placed at the intersection. Beautiful card! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Love that layered embossed star! The washi tape is so pretty against that beautiful dsp! Love this!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

The star is so pretty . I love that you heat embossed for some extra shine. I agree with your thoughts about the sketch! But you rocked it!

Melissa Davies said...

I really like the patterned washi tape on the patterned DSP! What a fabulous combination!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the combo of the DSP and washi tape, fabulous!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the use of the washi tape. Love the spark and shine of this card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...