I've made several cards with the "Thanks" stamp from this set but here's my first card using the "Merry" from the Seasonally Scattered set in the current Occasions Stampin' Up! catalog. I have become so fond of this Lost Lagoon In Color and am loving it for Christmas cards this year!
Here are the steps:
- Fold an 8.5" x 4.25" cardstock in half then use an Oval Framelit to cut the aperture. Emboss front with Big Shot and Filigree Frames Embossing Folder.
- Ink the "Merry" stamp in Coastal Cabana then using Bermuda Bay and Old Olive Markers, "thump" or "pounce" the markers onto the inked stamp, rotating the stamp to distribute the markers around the stamp but keeping the thumping random. Stamp onto 4" x 5.25" White Cardstock.
- Adhere white piece behind the front of the card using Dimensionals.
- Using Old Olive ink, stamp "Christmas" onto a 3" x 3/4" piece of Pool Party cardstock and flag the ends. Adhere with Dimensionals.
- Adhere a 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon bow with Glue Dots and five Sequins from the In Color Sequins Assortment.
Have you tried out this technique? It's a great way to give more color and depth to some of your images and change up their look a bit! It's very easy and not messy at all. Just remember to ink your stamp in the lightest color you're using then add the darker colors with your Markers; also clean your stamp in-between each stamping so that you don't get other ink colors onto your pristine ink pad!!
You can see a couple of cards HERE that use this same "Thanks" stamp and a different technique: the Baby Wipe technique.
Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy the weekend!