Thursday, July 16, 2015

Best Day Ever!

If it's Thursday, it's the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge and this week it's COLOR:  Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder and Crushed Curry.  I couldn't wait to use this new-in-the-catalog set Birthday Blossoms also!


I really like the flowers in this set!  This one coordinates with the Pansy Punch which means no fussy-cutting!  : )  There are five sentiments in the set as well, including this one, so plenty of variety.  I diecut the striped and solid white papers with the Lots of Labels Framelit set for the focal background and bumped them up with Dimensionals.  Next I added the side flowers with Glue Dots and the center flower with a Dimensional.  Before adhering the flowers I cut a little deeper between the petals and used my Bone Folder to give them a little curl.  I wanted to keep the pretty clean-looking so kept it simple.


Stamps:  Birthday Blossoms
Inks:  Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry and Memento Tuxedo Black.
Paper:  Cherry on Top DSP Stack (Crushed Curry print), Go Wild DSP Stack (Black & White stripe), Basic Black, Whisper White.
Accessories:  Project Life Corner Rounder, Pansy Punch, Lots of Labels Framelits, Blender Pen, Basic Pearls, Big Shot.

Here is the Color Challenge for this coming week from Create with Connie and Mary:
Now it's your turn to take the challenge... are you up for it?  The guidelines are on the Create with Connie and Mary website.  You'll also find the creative cards of the the other Challenge Team members there for your enjoyment and inspiration!

Thanks for joining me today and have a happy weekend!

Margaret

8 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I see that I am going to have to get the Lots of Label framelits now because I love how you used them on your card. Your card is beautiful, Margaret.

Anonymous said...

Well you accomplished your goal is certainly clean and certainly pretty! Love it!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love this Birthday Blossoms set! The striped paper looks so nice with the yellow dotted DSP. I also like the contrast of the two colored flowers with the uncolored one!

Chris Slogar said...

What a great choice of designer papers to mat together, and the flowers are such a perfect accent around the label shapes. Very pretty card!

Lisa Martz said...

Love how the diagonal striped DSP really sets the main image off the card. Makes everything really pop up. Love the addition of the little pearls.

AB. said...

Beautiful elegant card. I love your use of the label framelits in the black and white. LOVELY!

Connie Babbert said...

One of my favorite sets, too! LOVE the DSP label behind the white one! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Margaret - I love the way your flowers frame your sentiment and those framelits are now on my must-have list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...