Wow, Can you believe it is the first day of October?!! And it must be Thursday because it's time for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! I really like sketch challenges and we have a fun one this week! Here's my card:
- I chose to go with leaves for my three main elements; these are stamped with the smallest leaf stamp in the Vintage Leaves set on three colors of cardstock then embossed with gold and diecut with the Leaflets Framelits.
- The base card is Rich Razzleberry, 8.5" x 5.5", folded in half.
- A piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut 5" x 3.75" stamped with the Sheltering Tree in Tip Top Taupe, the ground in Sahara Sand and the rake in Sahara Sand (all stamped off once before stamping on the Vanilla layer). I colored the tiny leaf stamp with markers, stamped them off once then stamped onto the Vanilla layer then repeated this several times.
- The sentiment was stamped in Mossy Meadow, again stamped off once before stamping on the Vanilla.
- Treated the top corners of the Vanilla cardstock with the new Curvy Corner Trio Punch. Love that punch!
- I wrapped the Gold Cord around the Vanilla layer a number of times then adhered the diecut leaves with Dimensionals and adhered it to the Rich Razzleberry with Dimensionals.
I wanted the tree to fade into the background so the three main images, the leaves, would be the focus of the card; therefore I stamped off (also called "second generation" stamping) to make them lighter.
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Sheltering Tree
- Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, VersaMark. Markers: Tip Top Taupe, Rich Razzleberry, Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry, Old Olive.
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Hello Honey, Old Olive
- Accessories: Gold Cord, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Leaflets Framelits, Curvy Corner Trio Punch, Magnetic Platform, Fast Fuse, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive.
Here is the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary that we are using this week. Don't you think this is a cool sketch. I like that it's rather different!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!