Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Serene Sunflower

While we're waiting for the revealing of the new Spring Mini Catalog on March 1st, I decided to pull out one of my favorite sets from the annual Idea Book & Catalog, Serene Sunflower. I think that little bee was just calling me!

I first stamped the large blossom on Whisper White with More Mustard ink twice, turning the stamp about half a turn in between. The background was first stamped with three leaves in Mellow Moss and the bee in Going Gray so they would retreat into the background. Small dots were sprinkled over all with the speckle stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set (this stamp has taken up permanent residence on my stamping table because I use it so frequently!).

Flannel Plaid background in Lovely Lilac over Lavendar Lace cardstock forms the background for the "Thanks" stamp from the Designer Label Punch Box which is Always Artichoke on More Mustard. Small holes were punched with the Rectangle hand punch to allow threading the Lilac and Moss grosgrain ribbons through the greeting. The ticket corner punch was used to finish off the corners and reflects the same corners found on the Designer Label punch.

Thanks for coming by! Feel free to leave a comment on any post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...