Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big Pieces set and Playhouse Paper

I love this Big Pieces set but haven't gotten to play with it as much as I would like. Therefore my goal is to get a few more things made with it before the Winter Mini Catalog and Sell-A-Bration ends on February 28! It is great for cards, striking on scrapbook pages and fun for a wide assortment of 3-D projects such as gift bags and tags, boxes, book covers and tons of other things I haven't even thought of yet!

Sometimes we stampers look around for a versatile set which can also be used for cards and projects for males of all ages (as well as females). This set can fill that bill quite well when used with "masculine" colors.

This card today uses a strip of Playhouse designer paper. The colors in this paper lend itself to cards for either guys or gals. I used cardstock of Old Olive, Buckaroo Blue (great color I haven't used much of this year--I should have, it is a great one), Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and a touch of Marigold Morning. I stamped the greeting with the White Craft pad, punched the corners with the ticket punch, then used the white pad to edge the piece and help to define the edges. I punched out the stamped Big Pieces and layers with the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches. The Buckaroo Blue background is stamped with VersaMark for a watermark look using one of the other Big Pieces stamps (there are eight in the set). The finishing touch was a bit of paper piercing using the piercing tool, piercing template and mat from my Crafter's Tool Kit. All products ©Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting my site. If you have comments on this card you may post them by clicking on "comments" below this post; if you wish to email me and don't have my email address handy, click on the "view my complete profile" found in the right column and you can find an email address there.

Have a great day! The weatherman said it would be beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret--I love your bright colors on this one. I am in Santa Fe, New Mexico waiting on Mike to get out of a meeting and I just found your blog. It is great!!
I will be checking it out further in the near future. Thanks--Diane

Allison Rankin said...

That is a very cool idea...so graphic and bright!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...