Monday, April 16, 2007

Doodle This! Cool Caribbean

Here's that wonderfully whimsical set again...Doodle This! I am really enjoying stamping with it because it's just FUN!! Here I used a crisp color combination of Black, White and Cool Caribbean. The black card is layered with white then a piece of Cool Caribbean that goes edge to edge was added; isn't it amazing how that piece looks wider than the layers underneath but really they are the same? Optical illusion, I guess. I stamped the Cool Caribbean layer with one of the swirly stamps in black then used that wonderful Signo White Gel Pen for the highlights! (what a useful pen. I like it so much that I have two just in case my first one runs out! I don't want to be without!)
A smaller black layer came next and I stamped the swirly "stem" for the flower with White Craft Ink (another one of my favorite things... if you don't have it, you NEED it!) and also the greeting "Happy" from Warmest Regards. I only inked the Happy word from the "Happy Birthday" stamp; using your stamps in this manner makes them so versatile. I stamped the flower on Cool Caribbean with Black, highlighted it with the White Gel Pen then cut it out and adhered it with a Dimensional™. I added some paper piercing with the Crafter's Tool Kit™ to two corners of the black layer and also to the white above the Caribbean piece.

I wanted some ribbon to adorn the card; the card seemed to be calling for the black and white gingham. However, I wanted to kick it up a bit so I dyed it by running it across my Cool Caribbean inkpad until it was the right color, let it dry then added it, embellishing the black layer with a white organdy ribbon and a little more of the dyed gingham too. Don't you just love how we can customize our ribbon by dying it with our ink pads or ink refills and come up with just the color to match our projects because all SU colors coordinate!! What an boon to we stampers!

Oh, and the final touch for you glitter enthusiasts (all of us?), I use the Two-Way Glue Pen™ on the flower and added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, which dazzles just like... well, uh, diamonds!!

Happy Monday, everyone! Plan some time to stamp this week! It's a good stress reliever!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...