Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Technostamper Challenge #19 Wild Rose

The weekend activities have thrown my stamping time off somewhat but I'm catching up with my challenges now! To the right is the sketch for Technostamper's Weekly Sketch Challenge. This is pretty simple and easy, and a good design for everyone from a beginner to advanced cardmaker.

For my card, I used the Wild Rose Two-Step stamp set and coordinating Porcelain Prints Designer Paper. I love these
together! In last year's catalog we had the Recollections Designer Paper which also coordinated with the Wild Rose set but in a different color scheme of burgundy. This paper uses the In Colors® combo of Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi and River Rock which gives it a totally different feel. This one is great for summer; it looks so cool and peaceful to me.

The card base itself is River Rock, layered with Blue Bayou then the Designer Paper over that. A different layered DP strip goes across the horizontal center. The focal image, the smaller wild rose in the set, was first inked, stamped off on scratch paper then stamped on the cardstock, thus giving a softer shade of Blue Bayou. The second-step stamp was then stamped with the full-strength ink. It's a great way to get varying shades of color from the same ink pad. My Stamp-a-ma-jig was used to line up the stamping. A second flower was stamped the same way, cut out and adhered to the bottom one with Dimensionals. A smattering of green microbeads from the Bead Duos embellish the center, adhered with Crystal Effects.

For the three circles in the design, I punched out three 1/2" circles from one of the other designs in the DP then covered them with Crystal Effects and let them dry overnight. This morning I stuck them down with Mini Glue Dots (can hardly stamp without these!)

Set: Wild Rose
Inks: Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi
Paper: River Rock, Blue Bayou cs; Porcelain Prints Designer Paper
Accessories: Green Bead Duos, Crystal Effects, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, 1/2" circle punch.

For other projects using this or Recollections Designer Paper, click
here or here.

This is such a beautiful set; I hope it doesn't retire. We will soon know, however, as Stampin' Up! has announced the Retiring Stamp Sets will be announced on June 15! Not far away!

Order or book your workshop soon to take advantage of the retiring sets before they're gone!

Be sure to visit http://technostamper.blogspot.com/ to see Mary Jo's card as well as links to other cards created using this sketch, and also make one yourself, just for the fun of it!

Thanks for dropping by! Happy Wednesday!
Margaret

2 comments:

MJ said...

How beautiful is that! And it reminds me that I have a pack of that paper hidden somewhere!?! I wonder where. I love how you did the circles. Looks great. Thanks for playing.

LeAnne said...

Beautiful card; I would never have thought to use the glue dots like that--they look like nice brads! And I have never tried the beads. All together, it makes for a wonderful combination. Love that DP, too!
LeAnne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...