Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy for Cupcakes!

What a delightful new set this is that came out in the Fall/Winter Catalog! I was taken with it when I saw it at convention and just ordered it recently; it's ON SALE this month!! Gotta love that! Crazy for Cupcakes is one of the eight birthday sets that is currently on sale celebrating Stampin' Up!'s Twentieth Birthday! Click the picture denoting the Birthday Special on the top left sidebar for details!

The polka dot paper from Sweet Always DSP provides the color scheme of Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip. The bottom of the DSP was edged with the Scallop Edge punch. I cut the Pumpkin Pie cardstock Scallop Circle out with the Big Shot then cut a coordinating circle layer out of Pink Pirouette with the Colozzle cutting system. The cupcakes were stamped with Basic Brown then colored in with markers, ink and blender pens. The cupcake icing was then coated with glue with the 2 Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter was added for super sparkle! I added dots around both circles with the Signo white gel pen.

The card base is Regal Rose, then a layer of Chocolate Chip was added before the DSP was added. I stamped the balloon from the set on the right side then added Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and a small pink button from the Button Bouquet assortment.

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Inks: Basic Brown, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette ink refill; Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Real Red markers
Paper: Sweet Autumn DSP; Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Pink Pirouette
Accessories: 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Button Bouquet Asst., Big Shot, Scallop Circle die, Coluzzle, Scallop Edge punch, Signo White Gel Pen, Tabletop Paper Cutter to cut a sliver of chocolate cardstock to go through the button.

If you haven't tried Stampin' Up!'s Tabletop Paper Cutter, (#106959, p. 192), you need to! I finally bought one and I really really like it! Wish I hadn't waited so long! It cuts straight!! And the blade is self-sharpening (how cool is that?!) And you can't cut yourself with it! Plus it's portable but still a great size with a 12" bed for cutting paper and cardstock. I highly recommend it!

Happy Friday everyone! Thanks for dropping by. Have a fun stampin' weekend!
Margaret

2 comments:

barb said...

Hi Margaret!

This card is just darling and I think you have convinced me to buy this stamp set. I'm not much on cupcakes, but your card is swaying me.... ;)

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Blessings,
barb hendrickson
b-a-r-b@sbcglobal.net

Susannah Iredale said...

Hi
I love this card it is beautiful,you have great ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...