Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big Shot Bibs!

It's amazing what can be done with the Big Shot and dies! Christie Daugherty demo-ed these bibs at the San Antonio Regional and they were utterly adorable! Include the fact that one of my friends has a newborn baby granddaughter and I couldn't resist trying this myself to make her a bib card! Here is the result:

These are quite easy. The cardstock is folded, placed on the large scallop die with the fold below the cut line then run through the Big Shot. This leaves the top intact for a card that opens. The Wide Oval Punch is then pushed halfway in centered on the fold to punch out the scoop for the "neck." Stamp and decorate to your liking, add ribbon and bows and Viola! A Baby Bib!! Inside I'll stamp "Congratulations" and write a note before sending it off to my friend. I
hope she likes it!

I made a second bib also using Basic Gray ink on Pretty in Pink cardstock for my label. Both bibs are decorated with the bundle of joy stamp from Punches Three and punched out with the Wide Oval Punch.

Stamps: Punches Three (Level 1 Hostess), BoHo Backgrounds (background flowers)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Pretty In Pink
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray
Accessories: Big Shot, Sizzix Scallop Circle Die, Wide Oval Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Three For You set (retired), Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals. The tiny pearls were given me by my daughter. : )

Try these yourself and see what you come up with!

Thanks for dropping by! Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Margaret

5 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

These are so cute, Margaret! Are the bows separate from the "handles" of the bib?

Margaret Raburn said...

Yes, I put the ribbon strip on first then made the two bows and attached them with glue dots.
Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

These bibs are so cute. I guess I will have to buy that die! I have a great-granddaughter due Nov 11th and this would be a wonderful card to send.

barb said...

Absolutely darling, Margaret! Can't wait to try this with my group.

Thanks so much for sharing this great idea. :)

barb

Anonymous said...

Margaret,
These are soooo adorable! I think you just showed me what to do for my baby's birth announcements!!
I can't wait to get started!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...