Monday, January 12, 2009

TSSC #52 Parisian Summer

It's Monday and I got to participate in Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge again! Here's the sketch Mary Jo gave us and it was kind of a challenge, lol!

I thought that Designer Paper would be the way to go to define the various area of the design. I wanted to do a Valentine but with colors that would be suitable for a card for my husband. I chose the Parisian Summer Designer Paper; the Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand, So Saffron and pale Pink combination work well for this card. I love this paper and will be sorry for it to retire this week. : (

I didn't use a stamp set for my card; the Designer Paper is the main "star", lol! I used the Go Go Boots Sizzix alphabet in my Big Shot for the "2" and punched the two hearts out with the new Heart to Heart Punch that is part of the Love You Much Special this month.

I used the Signo White Gel Pen for the dots around the two hearts and the sentiment is a rub-on from the Chit Chat Assortment, which has at least a couple of hundred sentiments. These are greatly useful because they can solve the problem of finding something that will show up on dark paper, ribbons and other materials. A tie of vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon around the top of the card is the finishing touch.


Inks: Perfect Plum (for sponging around triangle shapes)
Paper: Parisian Summer DSP (retiring Jan. 18th); Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette cardstock
Accessories: Chit Chat Rub-Ons, Heart to Heart Punch, Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, Go Go Boots Alphabet, Signo White Gel Pen, Scallop Edge Punch.

Visit http://technostamper.blogspot.com/ to see her card and others who have participated in the sketch challenge this week.

Thanks for dropping by! Have a good week and have fun stampin'!

Margaret

2 comments:

MJ said...

Aww, so sweet! I love that paper! Great job on the challenge thanks so much for playing along.

Barbara said...

Margaret....
This is fabulous!! The triangle portion of this card layout really threw me (so I cheated and changed it on mine!!), but you've done a marvelous job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...