Friday, July 9, 2010

Presto Patterns with AquaPainters

This is the third card in my series of using the Presto Patterns Specialty Paper found first in the Summer Mini Catalog and now also in the 2010-2011 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog.  This paper today is from a sheet of the beautifully classic swirly pattern (there are two sheets each of six patterns per package).


I used my AquaPainter to add ink to the swirl patterns after I had misted the area with water.  After that, I sponged the ink all around the paper to add color and reveal all the lovely details of the glossy pattern that came on the cardstock.  As a third method for applying color, I used my Spritzer Tool and a Stampin' Write Marker to add the "sprinkles".

Unfortunately you can't see it in the first picture (perhaps you can in the other) but I also used the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz over the front layer.  That gives it a beautiful pearly sheen.  The left end of the layer was treated with the Scallop Edge Punch.

The greeting is from Perfect Punches, first stamped on white and punched with the perfectly coordinated Scallop Circle Punch then stamped again on Old Olive and punched with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  This was applied with Dimensionals over the sash of (retired) Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon.  However we now have new 3/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon in the new catalog; I just haven't received mine yet.  : )

I hope you enjoy today's card using the Presto Patterns Specialty Paper and another option of bringing out the pattern with color.  I still have more cards to come using this gorgeous paper!

Thanks for dropping by!  Have a great weekend and come back soon!   : )

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...