Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aviary

Aviary is one of the cutest new sets in the catalog, IMHO.  :)  These little whimsical birdcages and birds are adorable and just make you want to play!  Today I have two cards I received in swapping at the recent Stampin' Up! Convention; it's so much fun to see what ideas and designs everyone has come up with using new and current stamps and products!

This lovely card has no name on the back so I don't know who made it!  If it is yours, let me know as you deserve credit for your attractive card!  I love how the artist used the Scallop Square Punch to create the two underlying scallop corners for the birdcage layer.  Love this bright cheerful color scheme also!

Edited 8-26-2010  I received a sweet email last evening from Caren Curtis from Texas, but originally from here in the Oklahoma City area!!  She is the artist/creator of the above card and saw it on my blog here yesterday!!  What are the chances of that!!  I'm so tickled that she saw her work and let me know that she made this adorable card.  THANKS, Caren!!  Maybe I'll meet you at the Ft. Worth Stampin' Up! Regional?  How fun!

The second card was made by Amy Storrie of Texas.  Amy used the color scheme of Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red based on the Sweet and Sour Specialty Designer Paper; the bubble-look strip across the lower part of the card is one of the prints from that package.  I love how Amy brought in the new Pear Pizzazz color on the card base and through the ribbon also.

Both these cards use the same birdcage but there are actually four different ones in the set, as well as four different birds, including the cute little owl!  You'll have no end of fun using all these images in your creations!

Thanks for visiting today!  I'll have a couple more Aviary cards to post next time!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...