Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Money Holders

Here are some of the money or check holders that I gave for Christmas.  You know, money is always the right color and just what young families need so I felt I couldn't go wrong!  lol!  I had fun making these because I love all the colors and I got to use that beautiful & sparkly Candy Cane Christmas Designer Paper which everyone else loved too (we know because it totally sold out!!)



Strips of white cardstock were treated with the Scallop Edge Punch then adhered underneath the edge of the front flap to dress up these holders and make them more festive.  Then a strip of the Candy Cane Christmas DSP was adhered to the top of the flap; the red stripes in this paper are glittery which adds so much to the project!

I also got to "play" some more with that wonderful new Northern Frost snowflake Decorative Strip Die for the Big Shot die cut machine!  In just one pass through the Big Shot, it produces eight various sized perfect and beautiful snowflakes!  Love them!  I layered them on a Scallop Circle punch out in a coordinating color to emphasize them, then centered them with nice red rhinestones left from other crafts I had done.  This was adhered to a belly band of cardstock to keep them closed.

The size of the cardstock for the folders is 8" x 6-3/4".  I scored it at 3" and 6-1/4".  I then punch half a circle in the center of the 3" portion, folded it up and adhered it, forming the pocket with a circular "notch" which aids in retrieving the money or check in the pocket.  (Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture of that!)  I cut a strip from the remnants of  each sheet of cardstock 1" wide and long enough to wrap around the folder to make the belly band, adhered it then added the snowflake embellishment I described above.  I stamped the "Merry Christmas" greeting from the A Cardinal Christmas set in the lower right corner of each folder. 

Here are some individual pictures of the folders:


The snowflake die used is found in the Holiday 2010 Mini Catalog (which ends January 3) will be carried over to the next quarter so it will be available for purchase the next few months also!  You may order it from my Stampin' Up! website here  or contact me to order!  Also, don't forget the Filled with Love promotion from now until January 24 for your free package of Bitty Buttons!  (see the promotion information on the upper right corner of the screen).

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you're having a joyous holiday season and will enjoy the New Year festivities this evening and tomorrow!  Be careful out there tonight!  I hope to watch the Rose Parade tomorrow before football takes over the television for the rest of the day!  Lol!!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...