Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Be My Valentine, First Edition

Whoa, I've been quite busy around here so I'm glad to get back to posting today!  We are currently in the midst of the colossal winter storm that goes all the way from North Texas to Chicago and beyond.  Fortunately we are safe and warm inside, and plan to stay here until Thursday or Friday! (or maybe spring...) The possible ice storm didn't develop here in Oklahoma City as it could have, so hopefully we won't have the power outages that accompany ice on power lines and high winds.  But enough on the weather!

Today's card showcases wonderful new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog:  Be My Valentine single stamp, #122045, First Edition Designer Series Paper, #121878 and the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, #121809.
I love the color scheme of Real Red, Basic Black and Very Vanilla!  The red layer was dry embossed with the Big Shot and Framed Tulips Embossing Folder then adhered to the Very Vanilla card front.  Next the First Edition Designer Series Paper was cut, distressed and sponged with Black ink and adhered inside the frame.  
The Be My Valentine stamp is a single stamp found on the inside back page of the Occasions Mini, and is only $8.95!!  I stamped it in Black onto Very Vanilla cardstock, cut it out, sponged it then adhered it with Dimensionals.  I stamped the center banner portion again, this time onto Real Red cardstock, cut it out and layered it onto the first heart with Dimensionals.  I added SU's Rhinestones to several flowers on the heart.

TIP:  You can color your Stampin' Up! Rhinestones with Sharpie Markers!!  I colored the red ones with my red Sharpie.  Any alcohol-based marker will work.  Now you can coordinate the colors of your Rhinestones with your card!!

A ribbon was cut from Black cardstock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.  With the Boho Blossoms XL Punch, I punched three of the large flower and one of the smaller flowers from the First Edition text-weight Designer Paper; it's such a wonderful weight paper to make paper flowers and a bit lighter weight than regular designer paper!!  I sponged the edges with Black and put them together with a mini brad.  The brad center was topped with a 1/4" circle of Red Glimmer Paper for a pop of bling!!  (love that stuff!!)

                  





Thanks for visiting today!  I hope to get some stamping done tomorrow (with the temperature and wind chill, I'm definitely staying in!!

  Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...