Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lace Ribbon Border Punch !

Have you seen and tried the new Stampin' Up! Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch?  It not only makes gorgeous borders but lovely backgrounds and frames as well as you'll see on the cards here today! I used it for a border on a previous card I posted here.  

The first card is my "case" of one made by Robin Merriman.  Sometimes you see something you just love, a great idea, one that just couldn't be improved?  That's how I felt about the card Robin made.  I love how the Lace Border punch strips form the background for the focal point of this card.  The colors are the new In Color Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White and Elegant Eggplant; the White Organdy Ribbon wraps around for an elegant touch.   I heat embossed the greeting from the "My Friend" set with Elegant Eggplant Craft Ink and Clear Embossing Powder.  Sparkly Rhinestones and an Ice Rhinestone Brad on the bow add the bling!


I received this card made by Maurita Wilkerson in our demonstrator group September swap.  I love how she cut the punched lace strips and pieced them to make the beautiful frame on this card, and I wanted to share it with you.  She also used the Finial Press Embossing Folder on both background cardstocks to achieve great texture.  The focal flower was made with the Blossom Party Originals Die for the Big Shot.  I really like Maurita's color scheme of River Rock, Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder!  Thanks for allowing me to share your card here, Marita!
Lace Scallop Punch  (c) Stampin' Up! 2011
Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch #122362,  $19.95  2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog.

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you are having a good weekend and get to stamp a little (or a lot!)

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...