Saturday, June 16, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms In Color!

Well, yes, they are in color, but they are also stamped in the NEW 2012 IN COLORS which just became  available on June 1st!  Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple... don't those sound deliciously fun?  Since my last post was regarding the new In Colors, I was eager to make a card with my new stamps and colors!  (Sorry for the delay, we went on another trip, this time to Houston, a family reunion, and visiting relatives.)

Love the Betsy's Blossoms set!  The images are mostly solid and bold.  You can make a quick card with them or one with a lot more intricacy, either way!  The card base is the new Summer Starfruit In Color, over that is a layer of Whisper White.  I stamped the medium blossom in the set once with each of the new In Colors down the right side of the white, then trimmed away the edge to about the middle of the flowers.  I added a touch of Dazzling Details to the center of each flower to add some sparkle.


The adorable bird in this set was stamped in the dramatic dark Midnight Muse, cut out and an additional wing cut-out was layered over the base with a Stampin' Dimensional for emphasis.  A tiny Rhinestone was added for the eye.  The bird was placed over a leafy stem of Gumball Green which was diecut using the Sizzlit Little Leaves, a favorite of mine that I have used almost ever since I've had my Big Shot and is in the new catalog, thankfully!  (There is a wonderful leafy stem stamp in the set but for this card, this diecut seemed to fit my space better.) 


The verse is from a sweet set called Friendly Phrases which I know I will be using a lot!  A smaller flower from Betsy's set was stamped in Primrose Petals, punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and attached with a Stampin' Dimensional.  

This was my first opportunity to stamp with Stampin' Up!'s new Foam Ink Pads and they were a joy to stamp with!  I must say, I MUST NOW HAVE THEM ALL!!  lol!  The way they stamp these solid images is a stamper's dream!    The coverage is great!  Just wait until you try them, if you haven't yet!  You'll be lovin' them too!!

Any or all of these products can be purchased on my Stampin' Up! online store HERE   Thank you in advance for your order.  You may contact me through my Stampin' Up! website HERE with any questions.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Margaret

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love how you used the different colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...