Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Day 'n Betsy's Blossoms

I love the bold flowers, bird and other images in the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set!  It's so much fun to stamp with because it produces such "eye-pealing" images and vibrant colors!  Today's card uses Betsy's Blossoms (p. 72) and Friendly Phrases (p. 137), a fun and happy set of six phrases.
The card base is Daffodil Delight overlaid with a Whisper White layer that has been stamped with two flower images and the leaf image from the set.  There is also a rather large flower in the set which I didn't use here buthave used on another card that I'll post soon.  The larger flowers here are stamped with Raspberry Ripple ink (a new In Color), the small flowers with Daffodil Delight and the leaves with Wild Wasabi inks.

Here's a close-up of the Wild Wasabi cardstock banner that has been dry embossed with the Big Shot and the new on-trend Chevron Embossing Folder (#127749, $7.95).   This is really a "gotta-have"!  The bird was stamped in the new In Color, Midnight Muse, cut out and adhered with a Stampin' Dimensional.  A small Raspberry flower was stamped on a scrap and punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and adhered under the beak (but I see it has slipped; oops, I didn't notice it before I photographed it!).  I added Clear Dazzling Details to the center of each of the larger flowers for some bling, although it doesn't show up in the photo.

The "happy day to you" sentiment is from the Friendly Phrases set of six (#126149 [w], #126151 [c]).  I like these greetings because are fresh and bring an air of informality and fun to your projects!  

Thanks for dropping by!  I hope you enjoyed the card; I have more new cards to post soon!

Margaret
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...