Thursday, July 26, 2012

Layered Labels in Black & Cajun

I haven't posted because I've been away to Houston for the better part of a week to the funeral of my husband's brother.  He was a good man and we will miss him very much.  We were blessed to have had a visit with him in last month.

This is one of the two cards I made for an organized swap I sent to convention; the organizer invited non-attendees to participate also so I jumped at the chance!  Thanks to Connie Ingram for mailing my swaps to me!  I can't wait to see them!
This stamp shape from Layered Labels coordinates with one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits so that it can be diecut with the Big Shot in a snap!  This same shape, only larger (stamped in black on this card), is in the classy Everything Eleanor set!  I just love it when products coordinate which gives you so many more options for using your products!
The "For You" was stamped in Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla cardstock then diecut.  I colored some medium Pearls with a black Sharpie to use as accents on the label.  I then adhered this with Dimensionals to the Very Vanilla layer which had been textured with the new Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.  Great folder!!  Love the design!
The swirls from the Everything Eleanor set was stamped in Old Olive before the vanilla cardstock was textured.  After texturing, a strip of Designer Series Paper from the Comfort Cafe featuring a beautiful design in Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla was adhered to the lower front and a sash of Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon covered the seam and set it off.  All of this was attached to a Basic Black card.  It isn't shown here, but I added a layer of Very Vanilla cardstock inside with a verse before sending this off to a friend.
Layered Layers Stamp Set of 4,  wood or clear


Everything Eleanor Stamp Set of 8, wood or clear

 
I hope you've enjoyed the card today!  You can purchase any of the products used on this card from my online store HERE

Thanks for dropping by to visit, and  Happy Stampin'!

Margaret

1 comment:

Marjie Shulsinger said...

I just got this yesterday! LOVE this card. Thanks for swapping. Thanks for the instructions, I was going to figure out how you made that today on my own, now I don't have to!! Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...