Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gatefold Card, DD & FF Day 5

I hope you are enjoying the series of projects made with the Daydream Medallions stamp set and coordinating Floral Frames Framelits; today is the fifth in my series.  Thanks for indulging me in this projects; several friends have told me they have been encouraged to get their sets out and use them, and I hope maybe you will too, if you have them and haven't already!  You'll have as much fun as I'm having!

The card for today is a gatefold card.  Can I just say that this duo is perfect for these?  See what I mean:
Because they are symmetrical in design, they work perfectly for this type of card!
I used these colors from the Floral District Designer Series Paper:  Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White.  The background paper on the front of the card is from that package also.  A Vintage Faceted Designer Button accents the center of the flower and a Rhinestone is added to it's center for a little extra sparkle!
This is how it opens up.  The cool thing is that when the card is closed, the rings sort of interlock slightly and hold the card closed rather than it popping open!  Love that!   Inside the card I added two strips of a different pattern of the Floral District Designer Paper to continue the color scheme to the inside.
I didn't add a sentiment because I don't know yet at this time for what occasion I will be sending this card.  The card is 5-1/2", so I cut the base piece of Baja Breeze at 5-1/2" x 11" and scored it on my Simply Scored Board at 2-3/4" and 8-1/4".  Using the Simply Scored made it SO easy to get the sides exactly even!   I used the Mono Multi Liquid Glue to adhere the flower and diecut ring to the front and they are fastened permanently!!  That glue dries very fast too, no waiting!!

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a little time to get your fingers inky this weekend!!

Don't forget that you can purchase these and/or any other Stampin' Up! products from my secure online Stampin' Up! store HERE using Mastercard, Discover or Visa, and they will be shipped directly to your door from Stampin' Up!  Contact me through my Stampin' Up! website HERE if you have any questions about ordering.  

Warmly,

Margaret 
Daydream Medallions Stamp Set      wood #126465  $36.95     clear: #126467  $26.95
Floral Frames Framelits   #127012   $26.95

2 comments:

soggystamper said...

Very cool closure, Margaret! Don't you love it when something like that happens unexpectedly?
Sue Erickson
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

Jeannie said...

Love it! I want to re-make that in Thanksgiving colors!! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...