Friday, October 19, 2012

I Just Couldn't Help it.... Day 8

Oh, no, I tried to quit but I still had another idea rolling around in my head... I love those Daydream Medallions!!  The card I posted on Monday gave me the idea to make a Christmas card using this set.  I finally got it down on paper and posted...  It's a wreath!
The wreath was stamped with the two largest stamps in the set and Gumball Green InColor Ink.  I then added red "berries" with my trusty Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Diamonds liquid glitter  (How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...!) and set aside to dry.
My red bird was punched with the Bird Builder Punch and Real Red cardstock.  I added a little top peak cut from another wing tip to make it a cardinal, embossed it with the Big Shot and the new Lace Brocade Embossing Folder then added a Pearl "eye".  (You can almost see the sparkle of the Dazzling Details "berries" in this picture... so pretty in person!)  I punched the leaf out of Gumball Green with the same punch and tucked it under the bird.
Gumball Green cardstock (what a great Christmas green!) is the card base for the Whisper White wreath layer (on Dimensionals).  I could have diecut the wreath with the coordinating Floral Frames Framelits but on this card I was going for something pretty simple and quick to replicate.  However, diecutting the wreath would definitely be a stepped-up version!  The bird was added with Dimensionals and a 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon bow was added at the top for the final touch.

The "Merry Christmas" greeting is from the Come to Bethlehem set, and inside is a verse from the Snow Swirled set.

I entered my card into the Friday Mashup Challenge!  It has both Christmas and sparkle elements for the challenge.  Go see what the design team did for this!

I hope you enjoyed the card today.  Had anyone planned to use the Daydream Medallions set for Christmas cards?  Hmm, I do have another idea or two but those will have to wait!  I must now prepare for my upcoming workshop! 

Have a great weekend, and I hope you get to stamp!!

Margaret
Daydream Medallions Stamp Set

 Bird Builder Punch   #117191    $16.95

16 comments:

Crafts by Heidi said...

Margaret I LOVE this card!! It is beautiful!!! Thank you for blogging about it!!

Geri Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Mary!

Connie Stewart said...

This is just fabulous!!! Love this one!

Elizabeth Price said...

This is super gorgeous! I love the use of the stamp set and the red bird. Pretty, pretty, pretty. Smiles, Elizabeth

gaylestamps said...

Margie you have outdone yourself with beautiful cards using this stamp set and the coordinating die. I didn't want this set till you did your demo at the INK meeting but I was still holding out. Now the Christmas card is over the top and I'm puttin' on my wish list!

gaylestamps said...

Margie, you have really outdone yourself with card samples for the Daydream Medallions and Floral Frames. I didn't want this set at all til you did your product focus but I was still holding out. Now this Christmas card is so beautiful it has changed my mind! Love it!

Unknown said...

Wow! Margaret this is a gorgeous card and I'm going to CASE it. I love it. TFS
Sue
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

Hollyjw said...

I love this idea and may just case it! I have pinned it on my pinterest board! Thanks for the inspiration!

Laura said...

Gorgeous card, Margaret!! Love your design and the colors! Your embossed birdie is too cute! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning! What a great way to use this stamp set and punch!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Phyllis Strickland said...

THe variety of cards you have come up with for this set is awesome! I love them all but this is my favorite>

Heidi Baks said...

I LOVE this idea! I may have to copy it for a challenge idea I've got coming up. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lili said...

I love how you created the cardinal and the wreath. Very creative. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy White said...

This is SUCH a fabulous idea for using this stamp set! It's on my wish list but seeing this card bumped it up close to the top! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Terri Orr said...

This card is both brilliant AND beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...