Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One In A Million In Midnight Muse

Today's card was inspired by the sketch challenge at Fab Friday and the challenge at the Friday Mashup to use lined paper and/or distressing or both.  I pulled out my Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack because I remembered the lined paper in it.  I chose that and another Midnight Muse piece to work with.


The sketch for the Fab Friday 15 Challenge:

The print I chose had a light Crumb Cake background so I used Crumb Cake cardstock for my base card overlaid with Midnight Muse cardstock (love this color!).  Over this is the designer paper with the edges distressed using the Distressing Tool from the Spring Catalog. 


Next, I took the almost solid print, added just a tiny bit of Rich Razzleberry cardstock to the bottom, textured it with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder (Spring Catalog) (I like the way the dark paper cracked!) then adhered it.  


The focal point of this sketch is the "flag" across the front; on this strip of Summer Starfruit I stamped the first part of the pair of birthday greetings from the One in A Million set (the second part of the greeting is stamped inside).  A piece of Summer Starfruit ribbon was wrapped around the banner then the large filagree piece from the Artisan Kit was fastened with a gold Glimmer Brad.  

Tip:  The gold brad was a little too bright for the filagree piece, so to subdue it I used both my Almost Artichoke and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers to color it.  Just let it dry a little before handling and it works great!)

Hope you've enjoyed the card today!  I really enjoy doing challenges when I can; they give me a starting point for a card or perhaps challenge me to use items I have but haven't been using for awhile!  Either way, they work for me!

Smiles,

Margaret


4 comments:

Amy O said...

What a great manly card! I love the brad -- it goes perfectly with the card, and I love how you changed the color of it. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

I think this would make a great masculine b-day card! The colors work so well together along with the distressed feeling! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

What a fantastic masculine card! I love the embossed DSP and the filigree piece. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Pam Steckman said...

The colors are so pretty! You did a great job combining all of the different pieces! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...