Thursday, April 11, 2013

Serene Silhouettes CCMC247 Challenge

Today's card was made for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge CCMC247  this week, which is a sketch!



I used the Serene Silhouettes set and a print from the International Bazaar Designer Paper.  For the background I used the technique of applying ink to an acrylic block, misting then stamping it onto my cardstock.  After it dried I stamped my image using Soft Suede ink.

To the left is the sketch for CCMC247 this week.   Very simple sketch with a multitude of possibilities!





The image was diecut with one of the Oval Framelits then layered onto a Soft Suede diecut with the largest of the Apothecary Accents Framelits.



The "heartfelt" greeting is from the Fabulous Phrases set of thirty phrases, stamped onto a scrap of the technique background and anchored with the smaller bronze filigree button from the Artisan Embellishments Kit.  A tie of Linen Thread is the final touch.

I'm so thrilled to tell you today that I've been invited to be on the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team!   I'm pinching myself!  lol!  Today is my first card and I look forward to a great time on this team of wonderful paper artists!  There is a challenge every Thursday over at Create with Connie and Mary; you are invited to come on over and check out the lovely samples made by all the team members and then make a card of your own using the challenge!  Next upload it to their site... it's really quite easy!  Then come back during the week to check out all the cards that participants have uploaded!

Thanks for dropping in today!  

Margaret

8 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Love the technique you used for the background! And I love your little details! So glad you are part of the CCMC team!!

Elizabeth Price said...

Hello Margaret and welcome to CCMC! It is super cool to have you stampin' with us :0) Your card is beautiful. When I saw your focal image mixed with the International Bazaar DSP my mind took me to the Serengeti. Smiles, Elizabeth

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Margaret, I loved the technique you used for the background! I can't wait to try it myself. Your card is so striking and so creative. I am glad you are part of the team at Create with Connie and Mary - you are so creative :)

Lisa Martz said...

Oh, Margaret...the main image on the card is so pretty! Love the effect of how you did this! Beautiful card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a stunning card!! So glad you are on the team, I look forward to seeing more of your work. This one has blown me away!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great scenery you've created Margaret and it looks so stunning against the DSP!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW!!! That background is unbelievable! I love how it pairs so well with that DSP!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous, Margaret!!! Love that image over the background! Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary...so glad you joined our Challenge Team!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...