Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Memorable Moments Anniversary

Last week I went to a reunion of my mother's family in Ruidoso, NM.  One of her cousins and wife was celebrating their sixtieth wedding anniversary with a dinner at the reunion so I wanted to make a special card for them!  Memorable Moments was just the perfect set for this because it can be personalized for any specific occasion!

I used Stampin' Up!'s beautiful Shimmer White cardstock for this project because of its lovely rich sheen; since the 60th Anniversary is traditionally the Diamond Anniversary, I added Silver Glimmer Paper for its brilliant diamond-like sparkle!



Popped up on Dimensionals over the card front is another layer of Shimmer White cardstock that has been dry embossed with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, which is retired I know, but my new Beautiful Baroque Embossing Folder hadn't arrived when I made this card.  Either would work equally well!  At this point, I gave this layer a good misting with the Vanilla Shimmer Mist;  it really has a pearly sheen which you can kind of see in the first picture where the light is hitting it!




I used my Big Shot and the Lattice Die to cut a lattice from the Shimmer White cardstock and then attached it with Dimensionals for added emphasis.  Medium size Rhinestones were used to embellish, another representation of the diamond anniversary.   The "6" and "0" from the set were stamped with VersaMark, heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder then diecut with a Label Framelit.  Behind that is a Silver Glimmer Paper diecut with a larger Label Framelit from the set.

I wish you could see this in person as it is really much prettier and oh, SO sparkly!  My photography doesn't help, lol!  The "Happy Anniversary" was stamped inside, along with my handwritten congratulations.  : )

This is such a versatile set!  It has all the digits and you can combine them for any number to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or other milestones of life!  I'm going to get lots of use from this!


Memorable Moments stamp set    #132039wood  $29.95;    #126682 clear   $21.95

Lattice Stampin' Up! Bigz Die     #115958     $21.95

All of these products can be purchased online through my Stampin' Up! website here.  And while you're there check out the Clearance Rack for reduced price treasures (these can only be ordered through online customer orders).  Thanks!

Happy day to you!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...