Thursday, June 13, 2013

Soho Subway & Chalk Talk CCMC256

Wow, I didn't know I how much I would really like the Soho Subway Designer Series Paper when I first ordered it, but, YES, I do!!  It has a variety of colors and great patterns; it just so happens that three of the colors are the challenge colors this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge CCMC256Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit and Early Espresso!  Just perfect for this challenge!


I'm excited to use new products from the 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! Catalog!  All the papers except the cardstock are from the Soho Subway Designer Series Paper collection:  the woodgrain background paper is Island Indigo and Summer Starfruit tinted and the "flags" incorporate all three challenge colors.


The band across the card is the neutral color Sahara Sand, treated with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and lined with Early Espresso.  The greeting is from the cool new Chalk Talk (set of six); it coordinates to the XL Oval Punch!  I trimmed it down outside the line then layered it onto another XL Oval Punch of Summer Starfruit, and that onto a Designer Label Punch of Early Espresso.  For the touch of silver on the end of the band, I painted three medium Pearls with a silver Sharpie marker!

 
The card itself is Sahara Sand, a neutral that works well with these prints.  I think this will be a great masculine card;  I plan to give it to my husband for Father's Day.

Here again is the color challenge this week for Create with Connie and Mary.  Be sure and check out the CCMC website to see the other cards made by the uber-talented Challenge Team!  Then it's your turn... seriously!  Use these colors to make a card or project using all SU products, upload it to your blog or a public online site then go back to CCMC and link your card!!  That's it!  It's fun to see what everyone makes!

The Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection will begin with the preview week on June 17, REALLY SOON!  Be sure and check out the Create with Connie and Mary blog for all the details about the Summer Collection.  You'll find inspiration and motivation with tons of ideas using new catalog products! 

Thanks for visiting!  Have a stampin' good day!

Margaret

8 comments:

Deb said...

This is fantastic! Love all the different papers you used and how perfectly they work with the challenge! And those silver pearls are genius!!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I love the masculine woodsy feel to your card. You combination of elements makes for a perfect card!

Sandi said...

Awesome card Margaret!!! Had to come here from LNS to get the deets and see it up close -- so love this!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

That designer paper is perfect for this color challenge and I love how you used it for the flags too! Brilliant idea to color the pearls - I have to remember that! Wonderful Father's Day card!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The banners and the DSP you used for the background look GREAT together, very nice card!

Lisa Martz said...

I really like how you combined the woodgrain embossing folder with the Soho DSP...very clever! This is a great card! Showcases the paper...such pretty paper!

Jennifer Hill said...

Love this card. I always struggle with masculine cards. This became my inspiration for my husbands birthday card :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Jennifer Hill said...

I love this card! I always struggle with masculine cards. This card was my inspiration for my husbands birthday card. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...